As we become better martial artists, we also become more attune to our own bodies and weaknesses. Before any real growth occurs one must experience the pain of defeat over and over again . Coming into your jiu-jitsu class with small measurable goals is pivotal to advancing the psyche behind rolling. As Profectus Jiu-Jitsu training partners, we welcome and encourage the idea of helping each other grow past our weaknesses. Below are some examples of "focused training" methods that may work for where you are in your jiu-jitsu journey.
1. Deciding that NO ONE is passing your guard tonight
2. Deciding that you are only going for back takes
3. Deciding that you only want to work on escaping bad positions
4. Deciding that you will try to pass to "knee on belly" every roll
5. Pushing your stamina and being one of the LAST people on the mat.
6. Going back to back matches regardless of fatigue and try to survive
When we look at rolling as a series of games that can be played, our performance enhances. Decide what "game" you're most uncomfortable with and play that one the most!
- Coach Jeff
Jeff Spain Jr
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt