Mike is the longest running member of Graves BJJ in Lebanon, TN. He's been making major progress as a blue belt and has brought even more detail and techniques to Profectus Jiu-Jitsu Lebanon through his own studies of the martial art. This has been a long-time favorite take-down of his! Hope you enjoy the video!
As we head into the summer months, it becomes inevitable that our bodies sweat more and our chances of acquiring skin infections will increase. It's very important that we double down on efforts to remain clean and sanitary while we train. Below are a couple tips on how to be a fresh and clean training partner....
1. Washed/Clean uniform
2. Trimmed finger nails and toe nails
3. Fresh breath (gum/mouthwash/toothbrush
4. Covered up all open sores or abrasions
5. Not training while sick or with any contagious skin ailments...(See your instructor or doctor for guidance on various skin conditions)
6. Using hand sanitizer/washing hands before class
7. Using shoes/sandals when entering the restroom
8. Wearing deodorant.
9. Showering immediately after class
10. Bringing a towel to class for those who sweat in excess
Hopefully this will help shed some light on ways to be pro-active about your hygiene and class and make us all better training partners for the long haul! Stay fresh team!
- Jeff Spain Jr.
You can put this easy-to-learn double-leg into your gi-training arsenal! IBJJF Nashville gold medalist, James Williams, teaches his very successful "Rockstar" takedown! Come train with us down in Lebanon, TN. Choose Profectus Jiu-Jitsu in Wilson County, Tennessee!
Jeff Spain Jr
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt