As we head into the summer months, it becomes inevitable that our bodies sweat more and our chances of acquiring skin infections will increase. It's very important that we double down on efforts to remain clean and sanitary while we train. Below are a couple tips on how to be a fresh and clean training partner....
1. Washed/Clean uniform
2. Trimmed finger nails and toe nails
3. Fresh breath (gum/mouthwash/toothbrush
4. Covered up all open sores or abrasions
5. Not training while sick or with any contagious skin ailments...(See your instructor or doctor for guidance on various skin conditions)
6. Using hand sanitizer/washing hands before class
7. Using shoes/sandals when entering the restroom
8. Wearing deodorant.
9. Showering immediately after class
10. Bringing a towel to class for those who sweat in excess
Hopefully this will help shed some light on ways to be pro-active about your hygiene and class and make us all better training partners for the long haul! Stay fresh team!
- Jeff Spain Jr.
Jeff Spain Jr
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Brown Belt